Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Social Media Week

With Social Media Week I did the Facebook Project and it helped me look at Facebook a different way.  I have always used Facebook as a way of keeping in touch with my friends and family, but now I have learned how to use it to help me in a more professional way.  With the project I was able to look up businesses in my field of study, which I probably never would have done on my own.  It was interesting to see what businesses used Facebook and what businesses didn't.  Lately, when you go into a business of any sort you see a sign that says, "Like us on Facebook."  That just shows how much social media has grown over the years and that influence it has on us.  I have learned that now it is very important that I watch what goes on Facebook, whether I post it or someone else does about me.  I want to get a good job when I graduate and it would be very upsetting if I couldn't just because of something put on Facebook.  Some people say it's not right that companies search your Facebook and other accounts, but I understand that they are looking for a responsible and dependable person and if I was in their shoes I would want to search them out too. 
I don't really know how social media will help me with my goals, besides with keeping it professional so that it doesn't come back to haunt me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I am glad we all know how to watch what we put on facebook now. I think its crazy how much businesses use facebook as publicity now.

    ReplyDelete